Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Enabling Helix Native snapshots in Studio One 5

VK_Stomp6

Hi everyone, I own Line6 HX stomp, Helix Native and recently got PreSonus  Studio One 5 DAW. I have configured the DAW to accept the Native VST3 patches but have problem with enabling existing snapshots for custom patches that I bought online. I know for sure that patches snapshots exist and they work fine in the HX Stomp processor and when using HX Edit but when I import the patch into  Studio One 5 track using Native GUI panel it shows up to 8 snapshot options but none works to enable the preset snapshots. I am fairly new to the DAWs and recording and have assumed that preset snapshots should be imported into the DAW automatically along with the corresponding patch, but may be they are not. I would appreciate help in as simple as possible way, preferably a sequence of steps in order that will resolve this issue. Thank you in advance.

10 hours ago, VK_Stomp6 said:

I would appreciate help in as simple as possible way, preferably a sequence of steps in order that will resolve this issue

Hi,

You can find the answer to this, and much more, on pages 36 - 38, “Working with Snapshots” -  Helix Native Pilot’s Guide.

Read, study, and inwardly digest.

It’s free - and built into HX Native - simply click on the Question Mark Icon in the lower left corner of plug-in window, between the Gear Icon and your Account Status. 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

3 hours ago, VK_Stomp6 said:

Still have to learn more details about using automation

Hi again,

Good to know that you have got the Snapshots working. I use Logic Pro X, but I have a whole bunch of other DAWs on my Mac for trouble shooting stuff with HX Native, including Studio One, although I have only scratched the surface of using it.

Anyhow, this is a very old video about using Helix Native automation in a DAW. You would need to read up about how this stuff would be applied in Studio One. 

Hope this helps.

Hi and thanks for the video. That is what I thought of how the automation should work and watching the demo helps using it for recording. Thanks again for quick response to my question and pointing me in the right direction.

• Thanks 1