Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using stomp mode vs preset mode

Kenny202

New user trying to get my head around stomp mode. I would like to use the device as a pedal board for live situations...be able to select different pedals at different times on and off for different parts of the performance, like we did in the old days with an array of pedals before preset ME units became the norm.

It appears that when you go into stomp mode, it actually brings you within a preset?

So do you create a preset with your favorite pedals, adjust them to your liking and save it as a preset....then go onto stomp mode and have the ability to turn those 6 effects on and off within a performance? Is that the theory behind stomp mode?

There are 6 buttons. Does that mean you can select 6 different effects of your choice or is it still only 4 chosen effects plus 2 mandatory ones?

Any help or advice appreciated

Yes, you create a preset.  Each Stomp block can be set not only to turn a pedal on/off but you can change parameters too eg different gain levels, or activate several pedals simultaneously if you want to.  

Very, very flexible. You can even add 2 additional momentary footswitches in FS7/8 to give you even greater stomp control.