Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Use L6 link and audio input at same time?

thetonester

Hi…i have helix into PC112+ via L6 link. I also have TC Helicon VL3x, which i use primarily

for acoustic guitar, into the audio inputs…both pedals share a line 6 G50 wireless with ech receiving its own

seperate input as the G50 has two seperate outputs…either of these work fine on their own but i cant

seem to have them work together…i.e…if my acoustic is plugged in and playing through the TC i cant

bring up a preset in the helix to add some colour even though the helix is clearly receiving a signal, the signal

is not getting to the PC. Is there something i am doing wrong or is the PC+ not capable of receiving

a digital and analogue signal at the same time and reproduce them both through the speaker?

If the TC is connected to the Input on the PC, it's not being processed by the Helix.

To get a processed signal you'll need to connect the TC to the AUX IN (Floor). You probably want to use a separate path with the AUX as Input on the acoustic path with specific FX, and the electric path Input set to Guitar. If you're using an LT you don't have an AUX IN, so use a RETURN and set the Acoustic Input Block to that RETURN.

Set the Output Blocks to DIGITAL and you're good to go!

This way there's no need to use the Analog Inputs at all, it'll all come out through the L6 Link, eliminating the possibility of phasing issues or latency with the additional AD/DA conversion that happens when you use the Analog inputs with L6 Link.

See the attached example preset. Change the acoustic path input to your return if using an LT.

thetonester.hlx

54 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

If the TC is connected to the Input on the PC, it's not being processed by the Helix.

Hi mate...thanks for this but it appears you have completely misunderstood me.

One output from G50 wireless goes to TC..one output from G50 goes to Helix...the signal is processed by

the TC and goes to the PC audio (analog?) inputs...the other signal is process by the helix and goes to the

PC via the L6 link (Digital)...thats how i want it as i dont want the TC signal, which is already processed by the

TC Guitar effects, to be processed by the Helix...however, if a signal is received via the L6 link, the signal

going to the PC via the analogue inputs does not come through the speaker...and, if i have the helix in tuner mode

(bypassed) and play a signal through the TC into the analogue inputs of the PC, when i un-bypass the helix the PC

still only plays the analogue signal, the L6 link is muted...is this the way its supposed to be? seems a silly limitation

if it is...and no i cant just run the TC though the helix as that will use up a processing path that i require for other

things...and also my acoustic sounds way better through the TC...basically i want to run the TC patch for acoustic

to the PC, but have the other clean signal from my acoustic processed by the helix to be an ethereal ambient type signal

going into the PC via L6 link, being able to hear both, like a wet dry setup...

49 minutes ago, thetonester said:

Hi mate...thanks for this but it appears you have completely misunderstood me.

One output from G50 wireless goes to TC..one output from G50 goes to Helix...the signal is processed by

the TC and goes to the PC audio (analog?) inputs...the other signal is process by the helix and goes to the

PC via the L6 link (Digital)...thats how i want it as i dont want the TC signal, which is already processed by the

TC Guitar effects, to be processed by the Helix...however, if a signal is received via the L6 link, the signal

going to the PC via the analogue inputs does not come through the speaker...and, if i have the helix in tuner mode

(bypassed) and play a signal through the TC into the analogue inputs of the PC, when i un-bypass the helix the PC

still only plays the analogue signal, the L6 link is muted...is this the way its supposed to be? seems a silly limitation

if it is...and no i cant just run the TC though the helix as that will use up a processing path that i require for other

things...and also my acoustic sounds way better through the TC...basically i want to run the TC patch for acoustic

to the PC, but have the other clean signal from my acoustic processed by the helix to be an ethereal ambient type signal

going into the PC via L6 link, being able to hear both, like a wet dry setup...

Sorry, didn't know the TC was an FX unit, thought it was just an acoustic preamp.

Don't know what's happening there - when I connect the XLR from the G10 to the analog Input 1 on the PC, I get both signals, L6 Link and analog, and the tuner bypass works as expected. Likewise when I route the XLR through my Scarlett AI (I don't have another FX unit to try), it works as expected. Again, with my eDrums connected to Input 1, all is good.

IOW - L6 Link always works, and the analog Inputs always work, and the tuner bypass function always works as expected.

I have the PC212, but I don't see any reason why the PC112 should be different.

What's baffling is the part about the tuner. There's no reason why that should happen. It indicates that there's a problem within the Helix, not the PC.

The only thing I can suggest is to do a Factory reset on both Helix and the PC (BACKUP FIRST!), and, if that doesn't work, re-flash the FW on both.

If that doesn't work, contact support.

This is a VERY strange problem, definitely not how either device is designed to work, and not how my system works.