Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effects pedal with Spider V

Landyrew

I've upgraded from a Spider iii to the Spider Vmkii and I am blown away by the versatility of this modelling amp and the numerous built in effects that it has and that I can assign and control with the shortboard Mkii that I already had.

However, I want to use some effects through a Boss rc30 looper. I have a ZoomG2 but don't really like the effects and lack of clarity that it produces and so I have been looking at getting a Boss ME80 to feed effects into the looper and also use as a multi effects pedal through the amp. I can't see that I would need the amp modelling of the pedal, as the Spider has that covered. I only play at home, so I won't be gigging with this set-up. I also don't want to spend a fortune on something like the Line 6 PodGo only for looping purposes as it will be doubling up a lot of the effects in the Spider V.

I know that the ME80 is 7 years old now so my question is, is there something which offers multi effects without the amp simulations which would be more suitable. I have considered the M5 pedal, but may want to use more than one effect at a time to the looper. I also may want to use an octaver to add bass lines, so any suggestion would need to have an octave function.

For a hobby guitarist, it is a pity that I can't feed the effects from the amp through the looper as there are some great bass tones and other sounds on the Cloud for the Spider V!

Are there any other solutions or considerations that I am missing?