Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD XT Live - Installing Metal Shop Pack

I have a 2012 MacBook Pro with Catalina (10.15.7) and Im looking to purchase the Metal Shop Pack from the Line 6 website to use with my POD XT Live. I understand I need to download the License Manager. However, I want to confirm my computer’s compatibility with the XT Live and ask I few questions.

Once I download all the necessary drivers, the License Manager, and then purchase and download the Metal pack, I would connect my POD XT Live to the MacBook to install the different tones, right? Is there a link for directions on this process?

The MacBook Pro I will be using is a work computer and I won’t have possession of this for more than a few weeks. Worst case scenario, if I loose access to this computer AND I have a major issue with my POD XT Live down the road, will I be able to re-download the metal pack to a new POD unit from a separate computer?

How long with the POD XT Live be supported? 

Catalina won’t be able to run the required software you need to install the model packs, unfortunately. With the release of Catalina, Apple dropped support for 32-bit applications, and both of the Line 6 programs you need - Line 6 Monkey and License Manager - are 32-bit only. Do you have access to a Windows machine you could use?

The editor for the XT Live is 32-hit only as well. So as far as the XT Live and Macs, you’re kind of out of luck.