Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wah Wah

doriansline6

Hi, I'm thinking of getting the STOMP, and the only thing holding me back is the wahwah feature. I travel a lot and don't want to carry a pedal. So the question is, does the STOMP's Yahweh feature work without an expression pedal? In other words, if I select wahwah and just play, will it have an auto wah?

Thanks!

There are two envelope-followed filters. One emulates the Mutron, the other is a Line 6 original, which I much prefer. Like any other autowah, the sensitivity parameter is crucial to find the right match for your playing dynamics. I find that putting the LA Studio Comp compressor in front of the Autowah gives me more leeway in not having to be too careful about my dynamics. Hope this helps!

The Stomp's auto-wahs are pretty good. I use them both with basses as well as with guitars. But even though Mutant, V Tron, Tron Up and Tron Down are all based on the Mu-Tron, they don't work and sound exactly the same. I actually prefer Tron Up over the Mutant, even though in theory we should be able to dial up the same sound on both. Most of the time, I'm using the Autofilter though.

2 hours ago, Anderton said:

Like any other autowah, the sensitivity parameter is crucial to find the right match for your playing dynamics.

It's very sensitive. I play a Les Paul with split humbuckers, and it was quite hard to dial up a sensitivity that works both for serial and parallel pickup mode.

2 hours ago, Anderton said:

I find that putting the LA Studio Comp compressor in front of the Autowah gives me more leeway in not having to be too careful about my dynamics

Interesting!

Now, if only the Stomp had nine blocks… :D