Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Flextone XL 100 Watt Stereo 2x12" Amp Combo

Hello from Canada,

I have a Line 6 Flextone XL 100 Watt Stereo 2x12" Combo Amplifier (Amp model number is FLXL 005993 4914-12). The combo includes a Line 6 Floorboard  Model number is FLBR 021270 4906 00. Both of which were purchased new in 1998 - 1999. Mint condition.  I believe it is USA made

I’m downsizing and selling all of my musical equipment. Do you know the ball park price in USD that I should be asking for the amplifier? If not, who could I reach out to that would know?

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Brian P

I think a quick search of online marketplaces would be the best comparison. Prices will vary by location. If there’s nothing local to you, extrapolate from other locations and currencies. In the end, of course, it is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it regardless of any current asking price, or what someone here may think it’s worth.

Hello, thank you for your response. As I don't sell musical equipment and these are items that I've had since the late 90's I'm finding it difficult to find a reference point. Do you know of any locations that I may find some information? I've looked and can't find anything. I'm located in the Atlantic Province of Canada.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it. 

Brian

I entered the phrase “Line 6 Flextone XL 100 Watt Stereo“ into Google and got some results worldwide. That’s likely the best indicator you will get. For instance, here’s something in Belgium: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiEjpCumZP0AhUglGoFHQQVBv8QFnoECAwQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Freverb.com%2Fca%2Fp%2Fline-6-flextone-ii-xl-100-watt-stereo-2x12-guitar-combo&usg=AOvVaw35N_p4TYXSP5BjGCZtaBbS

Maybe there’s someone living down the street from you who has been waiting to get their hands on exactly this amp for the last 10 years. That would be great for you,  but it ain’t likely. Take an average of the prices you see online worldwide, factor in any product difference like Flextone III vs yours, convert to $Cdn, and start there. If local advertising doesn’t work you may have to expand your target market.

The good news is there seems to be a very limited worldwide supply of this vintage product. The bad news is there’s virtually no demand. It’s not a hot item, so it may take awhile and you may never get an offer you think is reasonable. Good luck.