Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects Amp Channel Switching Help Needed!

joelfisk3786

Hi folks! I’m trying to change amp channels on my Fender Prosonic combo with the HX Effects, but to no avail. I’m running a TRS cable (have tried TS too), enabled foot switch 1 to be Ext Amp in Control Centre, trying both Tip and Ring, as well as setting the Pedal 1 Jack setting to Amp 1 in Global Settings>Preferences. 
The problem I’m experiencing is the channel is switching just once, so from either on to off or off to on, then nothing else happens on the amp. I’ve read that people have achieved this with the Prosonic, so I’m not going mad... 
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much in advance!

• 7 months later...

Hey there - did you ever figure out how to configure this setup?  I just purchased an HX Effects and I'm trying to utilize the amp switching function with my Fender Prosonic Combo.   It seems that I'm having similar issues as the ones you've described here, although my amp channel doesn't change at all when I hit my ext amp footswitch.  

I've read the manual a dozen times, so I think I've got everything set up correctly.  Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks!

On 8/1/2022 at 1:05 AM, jtcappad said:

Did you ever find a solution?

Hi,

You are unlikely to get a response from the OP as you didn’t quote from his post, and even then you may not get a reply to a single post that is 8 months old. The same guy posted the exact same question on the same date over on TGP. No response there either, see link below.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/modern-accessories-address-old-prosonic-problems.2227665/

Not all channel switching modes are the same for any given manufacturer. Possibly the Prosonic is one of the oddball switching systems that just doesn’t work as you would expect.
There was some discussion in this forum:- 

https://www.tdpri.com/threads/prosonic-combo-footswitch.1090646/

Hope this helps/makes sense.