Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X and GarageBand Output Issue

Hey everyone, first post in the forum as I am new to recording with the HD500X. I was trying to record using Garageband V10.5.5 on my MacBook Pro. System setup is MacBook Pro OS Mojave 10.14.6 and I was using the USB input from the POD to my Mac. I verified the system sound settings showing that my input was the HD500X and can even see that when playing my guitar the input screen on sysmte preferences registers the sounds. Next I verified that the output was "Internal Speakers" however I am not getting any actual sound. I normally run my POD thru my Marshall so I know it is working and even ran an output test once again just to confirm. I am hoping someone can assist me to get this setup correctly so I can record. Two screen shots below to help troubleshoot.Thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

Sound Preferences Input PNG file

Sound Preferences Output PNG file

SoundPref Input.png

SoundPref Output.png

In your audio configuration above your computer records through the POD but plays back the audio through the internal speakers which in turn are (and can only be AFAIK) connected to the system's integrated audio interface.

Normally speakers (or headphones) should be connected to the device currently selected as the AI by the OS and/or application in use, thus by the AI generating the audio (i.e. the POD in your case, and not the built-in AI).

Therefore in your audio configuration as an output device you should choose the POD and you should connect some external speakers (or headphones) to it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Like 1