Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Test your ears! Helix or ??? New Jan. 11th!

aaron__aardvark

I put two songs in my music website: "Turn Their Eyes to You" is the song on top, and "What I Hear" is the next song down. One song uses PodXT and a bit of Adrenalinn on guitars for amp models and effects, and the other song uses all Helix for amp models and effects on guitar. Can you tell which is which? Please tell me how you like the music and how it can be improved. Here is my link:

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=224436&content=songs

Hey Aaron!

Man, all your stuff has a really cool lofi/4 track vibe to it. What's your recording setup? My guess is "Turn their eyes to you" is the Helix. I really like how chaotic that track is. It's a departure from what i would usually listen to. All in all, i dig your style Mr. Aardvark. From the looks of it, you churn out quite a few songs. 

Take care, stay safe!

T

• 3 weeks later...

amenity421,

Sorry for not replying earlier.  "What I Hear" uses PodXT on guitar until the end of the song, when AdrenaLinn kicks in with wild filter effects.  "Turn Their Eyes To You" uses all Helix on guitars; congrats for getting it correct!  Thank you for listening & replying.  For years I have been recording using Cubase.  I have a Yamaha electric guitar and electric bass.  Where is PNW, the Pacific Northwest?  Like Washington state or Oregon?  I wish you well in ALL things.

Hey Aaron!

Thanks for the reply. I'm a Cubase 11 pro user myself! Been with Cubase since SX2!

I do live in washington! In Vancouver just across the way river from Portland. I'd love to collaborate with you via interwebz if there's any interest? Maybe we could do a Zoom call and get to know each other?

Take care!

T

amenity421,

I was born in your area.  But I moved to Southern California when I was a few months old, so I don't remember anything about Washington state.  I use the cheap versions of Cubase that come with a couple of interfaces I have purchased; not counting Steinberg giving me free updates.  I started with Cubase LE4 and currently use Cubase AI10.5.  I believe I could upgrade to a cheap version of 11 for free, but then I fear my Cubase 10 songs wouldn't work correctly anymore?  I know some of my older-than-Cubase-10 songs won't work correctly anymore with my Cubase AI10 stuff.  Though it might have to do with outdated Mac OSX stuff also?  I now use Mac OS Catalina 10.15.  Do you have a music website where I can check out your music?  I have only collaborated with a couple of people I've met on the internet.  One guy was/is in a group that was signed by Curt Smith from Tears For Fears.  I have recorded a couple of songs with a guy (Jeremy Cubert) that has collaborated with Yes singer Jon Anderson, and Yes bassist/guitarist Billy Sherwood; I've only gone public with one of those songs (I want to do a formal U.S. copyright on the other song before I go public with it).  I did some mechanical engineering design work for something that Boeing uses in Renton, Washington.