Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EX Edit 3.15 Incompatible with Mac OS Yosemite

mike-w

I have an old MBPro I use for Helix editing in my basement practise space.  I had to roll  3.15 back to 3.11 to restore from my backup bundle after the update.  I took the Helix to an iMac upstairs, and an export with HX 3.15 worked fine. Troubleshooting the MBPro, I reinstalled Helix Driver 1.1.0, and restarted it, but it only works with HX 3.11. Any kind of import or export with HX 3.15 causes a crash

3 hours ago, mike-w said:

Incompatible with Mac OS Yosemite

Yosemite is quite likely not to work very well in many regards these days.

• If your MBP can run Sierra, upgrade to that.
  • If it can run at least El Capitan, upgrade to that.

I have two MBP I'm still using: MBP 2008 (the last "pre-Unibody" model) and MBP 2012 (the last "pre-Retina" model with a DVD drive).

MBP 2008 can only run El Capitan. Since I'm syncing them regularly, the MBP 2012 also runs El Capitan as its main bootable partition, but I have partitions up to Catalina in case I need to do things that are not possible on El Capitan anymore.

v3.15 runs well on El Capitan, incl. Helix Native, except for the built-in update mechanism. I had to update my Stomp while booting from the Sierra partition. But it would likely also work manually by using the Line 6 Updater app.

3 hours ago, mike-w said:

I reinstalled Helix Driver 1.1.0

Don't.

On El Capitan, I have downgraded to v1.0.7 which works reliably.

In general, on the line6.com/software search result page they always mention OS compatibility for each software version. If it doesn't explictly say "Yosemite", expect troubles, even though it sometimes may work (or not…).

However, I somewhat suspect that the claimed Maverick/Yosemite/ElCapitan compatibility as listed on v1.1.0 driver entry is there in error.

• Upvote 1