Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stop Guitar through XLR!

Bendad

Hi,

This should be so easy but not for me!

I am using USB to DAW to record and all is well. The audio from DAW is sourced out via XLR in the Helix. My guitar is routed out to my amp through 1/4" but the guitar is till going through the XLR which I do not want - even when the DAW is turned off.

If anyone can guide me I would appreciate it very much.

Cheers,

Darrell

Please confirm the signal flow.... this is what I think you are asking.

• Guitar flows to the DAW through USB
  • Guitar flows to AMP through 1/4" output
  • DAW flows to speakers through the XLR outputs on the Helix.
  • You DO NOT want any guitar flowing to the XLR outputs.

If that is correct, then I do not believe there is an EASY way to accomplish what you want. But with some preparation, this should work. 

• Insert a SEND at the end of each preset... (set the send to instrument level in the global settings)
  • Use that SEND to feed your amp instead of the 1/4" outputs
  • NOTE: if your tone is stereo, you need to insert a Stereo Send otherwise the final tone will collapse to mono. If you only use one guitar amp you can use a Y-Cable to connect it, or just use one side with the understanding it may "discard" some of your tone. 
  • Now go to the OUTPUT BLOCK of each preset... by default this is set to MULTI (xlr, 1/4", digital and USB1/2)
  • Set that output block to to USB 1/2 (that is the same USB outputs used by the MULTI setting).