Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HXFX with Dunlop DVP-5

LocoNerdGeek

Hi

Is there any know how in existence how to make Dunlop DVP-5 work with Helix Effects? I'm on 3.15 firmware and expression pedal is all over the place. Considering to do factory reset and to start from scratch.

One of the other things which confuses me is to what cable I should use to connect expression pedal with my HXFX. Manual states TRS, often recommendation on forums is either TS or TRS to TS

Side note, both HXFX and DVP5 are new to me so it's quite possible I just don't know how to make them work together. Any tips welcome 

Alternatively can I have a schematic of expression pedal, please? I can always rewire mine

I spoke with Dunlop on the phone because I have the same pedal and ended up using an insert cable with the TRS going into the helix and just one of the cables going into the pedal. Using just a TS cable I had intermittent problems so the insert cable was the good fix.   That also leaves an extra TS connector for another pedal or switch.   I had to press the blue button inside the DVP5.

On 3/16/2022 at 12:15 PM, coachz said:

I spoke with Dunlop on the phone because I have the same pedal and ended up using an insert cable with the TRS going into the helix and just one of the cables going into the pedal. Using just a TS cable I had intermittent problems so the insert cable was the good fix.   That also leaves an extra TS connector for another pedal or switch.   I had to press the blue button inside the DVP5.

Yeah I pressed the polarity switch too. I did some of my presets today with one DVP for Volume and the other for functions (speed in modulations and such) and so far so good. I like this pedal a lot, sized perfectly for Metro pedaltrains and really well made so I hope it will keep working as I want it