Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stagesource Sub + Powercab

I own a couple of PowerCab 212+ speakers along with a Helix.  The PC212+ supposedly has a frequency response that rolls of at around 70Hz.  This makes the cabinet really not great for Bass Guitar.  It's quite thin and the bass sound is disappointing for anything other than some old school like Beatles bass tone.   I've already submitted an IdeaScale post for a matching PowerCab Subwoofer, which would be fantastic to make the system work for both guitar and bass.

It then occurred to me that the StageSource series already HAS a sub woofer (though not matching the PC series aesthetic).  So, I'm REALLY curious if anyone has ever tried them together?

In particular I'm wondering if the L6 Link is compatible between the two?  Can I plug into the Sub and pass it through to the PC212+ and have them auto configure the high pass properly?  Does it also successfully send the control messages to change the speaker model on the PC212+ since it's supposed to be a pass through?