Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 3.15 Pre sets

makeegan

On 6/26/2022 at 11:41 PM, makeegan said:

Am I missing something?

Yep!

it’s right there in the Release Notes.

I updated but why don't I see [Model X]?

HX Edit can't magically see new models added to your Helix/HX hardware; you must update HX Edit as well (which you would've done had you followed "How do I update to 3.15?" above). Here's a link to HX Edit 3.15:

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thanks for the reply. I followed the update procedure and release notes and I have 3.15 HX Stomp and 3.15 HX Edit.

I was expecting the preset list to be populated with factory examples and the mics to correspond to the documentation

My version doesn't-see attached.

Thanks

Helix Forum.jpg

On 6/29/2022 at 12:07 AM, makeegan said:

Thanks for the reply. I followed the update procedure and release notes and I have 3.15 HX Stomp and 3.15 HX Edit.

I was expecting the preset list to be populated with factory examples and the mics to correspond to the documentation

My version doesn't-see attached.

Thanks

Hi, again,

If you followed the notes about updating to v.3.15, you would have made a backup of your Stomp before performing the update. When the update was complete you would also have followed these instructions from the notes:

Anything else I should know?

Yes. We STRONGLY recommend performing a factory reset AFTER UPDATING your Helix/HX firmware to 3.15 and THEN RESTORING YOUR BACKUP. (Backing up is part of the update process). Here's how to perform a factory reset. IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP FIRST, AS A FACTORY RESET WILL ERASE ALL YOUR WORK!

If you didn’t do a reset - here are your options.

HX Stomp

Button Combination

Description

All 3 Footswitches

Clears all presets/IRs

FS1+2

Resets presets and IRs

FS 2+3

Factory restore (globals, presets, IRs

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

I’m also not too sure about your reference to “Mics”.

There is only one Studio Microphone Preamp available (as shown in your screen shot).

If you select an amp/speaker combination, or as separate components, you can then select what type of microphone is used with the speaker cabinet, and at what distance it is (virtually) placed from the speaker grille. There are lots of model choices and types - for example: dynamic, condenser and ribbon.

Hope this helps/makes sense.