Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I have an Apogee One For Ipad and Mac. How do I connect this to my Line 6 Helix?

undocumented

I have an Apogee One For Ipad & Mac. How do I connect this to my Line 6 Helix? I guess just like any other audio interface? Sorry, I am very new to all of this stuff.  My end goal is for live performance recording, solo artist is singing and playing guitar, with backing tracks of rhythm sections also running through the Helix. 

Can anyone give me a few tips? Thank you. 

On 7/8/2022 at 3:23 PM, undocumented said:

I have an Apogee One For Ipad & Mac. How do I connect this to my Line 6 Helix? I guess just like any other audio interface?

Hi,

Short answer - yes, just like any other audio interface plug it in, but from looking at the video for the product it’s rather along the lines of an expensive iRig 2 that I have, which allows me to throw quick ideas onto my iPad, or using the Apple Camera Kit. With the Apogee, you hook up the USB to your iPad and stick a 1/4” jack from the Helix into the other end. That seems to be it.

Now, if you are wanting to record direct into something like GarageBand, or Logic Pro on a regular Mac desktop, or laptop, just take a USB cable out of the Helix into your iMac and then record direct to fully processed stereo, along with a dry unprocessed audio track for re-amping if you wish. Actually you can have up to 8 USB channels all at the same time. With the Helix you could record fully processed stereo audio for your guitar and vocal, along with the dry untreated signal. You can also playback your backing tracks over USB through your Helix.

Use the Helix over USB for direct digital recording, use the Apogee gizmo for another round of analogue/digital conversion through one jack plug.

I know people don’t like this, but check the Helix 3.0 Owner’s Manual - Rev F - English - pages 68-70, USB Audio.

It can solve a lot of problems.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT:

Ye gods - I have just seen the price of the Apogee One! Are they joking? They’re kidding right? What?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1