Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix snapshot mode to viewing presets

dogstar99

I am rethinking how I use my Helix. For the last 5 years I have just been using Preset mode only but I want to switch to using Snapshots with each of my presets.

How do I get out of a preset/snapshot back to all my presets? I mean say I am on a preset 01A and I want to go to 02D, do I have to push my Preset up button 8 times? Seems ridiculous. There has got to be a way to exit the Preset with snapshots I am in and go back to my banks and choose a different preset quickly.

I know that you don't want to hear it, nobody does, but start by reading the manual.

You will discover the purpose of the MODE switch (switching between Preset and Stomp Mode) and the Global Settings for determining what TYPES of switches appear in PRESET MODE (Presets/Snapshots/Stomps) and which row (upper/lower) they appear on. You'll learn that you can switch between PRESET and SNAPSHOT Modes by pressing the UP/DOWN switches simultaneously. And that's just the beginning!

A whole new world awaits you when you step up to Snapshots. But just like the world maps of old, there are areas which must be approached cautiously, for "Here there be MONSTERS!". Command Center is one of those areas. VERY powerful but easy to get lost in, especially when using Snapshots! Did you know that you can have Snapshot and Preset switches in Stomp Mode?

If in the above I seem to be engaging in a bit of smart-a$$ery, you are correct! The question you asked is Helix 101.

While there's lots of people here who will be more than happy to answer your questions (the manual is not perfect), you REALLY NEED to start by grabbing a beverage and sitting down to spend some quality time with the manual.

• Upvote 4