Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay G10TII firmware question

msmilde

Hi,

I'm new here. Just bought a Relay G10TII set. 

My receiver has firmware 1.01

My transmitter has firmware 2.00

It looks like I can update the receiver to 1.05 and the transmitter to 2.05 (version 2022/07/26), but I can't find any release notes on the versions in between. I saw some posts of people stating issues with and after the firmware updates.

So I would like to know the changes since my initial version, and if the 1.05 (base) en 2.05 (transmitter) firmware is "needed" and safe to execute.

The G10TII transmitter took over the legacy G10T, which was the transmitter with some overheating problems.

The receivers/chargerg base, G10 and G10S, didn't changed since the original production.

The infamous firmware was affecting only the old transmitter, G10T, so doesn't relate to your model TII.

The 2.05 update (for the GTII), does also require the base to be updated to 1.05.

You don't have to update if you don't want to. If you are fine with the way your Relay works, just ignore it.

If aint broken, don't fix it. :) 

The only information we have is what it is displayed in the Line6 updater software.

For the G10 receiver, Firmware 1.05 (released on the 26th of July, 2022) says:

Improves charging functionality when the G10TII transmitter is docked.

For the G10TII transmitter, Firmware 2.05 (released on the 26th of July, 2022) says:

Improves charging functionality when the G10TII transmitter is docked in supported receiver devices.

Resolves compatibility issues with certain active instruments (specifically, entering and exiting from sleep mode).

Change to G10TOO LED behavior - when the G10TII is connected to an instrument and transmitting, the G10TII LED now flashes a faster red (repeating 1/2 second on then 1/2 second off). This change allows for easier discernment between when the transmitter is charging vs transmitting.

Yes, I saw that one. 

I was hoping somebody (or Line6 of course) would have the complete changelog of all the versions.

For now I won't do the upgrade and stay on my current firmware. Haven't been able to test the device in action. Will do so the coming weeks.