Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native 3.5 Installer for Mac OS X does not install VST2 version of the plugin

Gryphon

The date of all 3.50 plugin files is November 2. 2022, regardless of the date you install them.  The date of all 3.15 plugin files is February 7, 2022, regardless of the date you install them.  This is true for both Windows and Mac OS X.

The 3.50 installer for Mac OS X does not seem to update the VST2 plugin file, but it does update everything else. So, I can use the VST3 and AU versions in FL Studio, for example, but trying to use the VST2 plugin crashes Reason 12.

Please release an updated installer with the 3.5 VST2 plugin file. Thamks.

--Scot

On 11/7/2022 at 2:14 AM, Gryphon said:

The date of all 3.50 plugin files is November 2. 2022, regardless of the date you install them.  The date of all 3.15 plugin files is February 7, 2022, regardless of the date you install them.  This is true for both Windows and Mac OS X.

The 3.50 installer for Mac OS X does not seem to update the VST2 plugin file, but it does update everything else. So, I can use the VST3 and AU versions in FL Studio, for example, but trying to use the VST2 plugin crashes Reason 12.

Please release an updated installer with the 3.5 VST2 plugin file. Thamks.

--Scot

Hi Scot,

Firstly, the the date stamp on the files are the dates that software was completed for release - v3.50 released 2nd Nov 2022, and v3.15 was released 7th Feb 2022. The date has no relevance to when you installed it.

I’m not sure about the VST2 version of the plug-in as I don’t have a DAW on my Mac that would allow me to test how it installs. I have it as an AU in Logic and it works fine, I also have available GarageBand, Reaper, Ableton, Studio One, Tracktion, ProTools First for troubleshooting purposes.

Second. There are no Line staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”.

If you’re having any issues with the installation that are beyond the scope of other forum users, you are advised to raise a ticket with Customer Support. They cannot fix problems that they are unaware of.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 11/7/2022 at 3:07 AM, datacommando said:

Hi Scot,

Firstly, the the date stamp on the files are the dates that software was completed for release - v3.50 released 2nd Nov 2022, and v3.15 was released 7th Feb 2022. The date has no relevance to when you installed it.

I’m not sure about the VST2 version of the plug-in as I don’t have a DAW on my Mac that would allow me to test how it installs. I have it as an AU in Logic and it works fine, I also have available GarageBand, Reaper, Ableton, Studio One, Tracktion, ProTools First for troubleshooting purposes.

Second. There are no Line staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”.

If you’re having any issues with the installation that are beyond the scope of other forum users, you are advised to raise a ticket with Customer Support. They cannot fix problems that they are unaware of.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thanks.  I opened a support ticket before posting on the forum.  The VST3 and AU versions work fine in FL Studio on Mac, but Reason only supports VST.  Everything seems to work everywhere on Win10, at least for me (I can't wait until Reason supports VST3, though).

--Scot

• Like 1

The problem is now resolved.  It turns out that the Mac OS X installer no longer automatically installs the VST2 version of the plugin, but neither does it obviously give you the option to do so as does the Windows installer. If you are having a problem with the Mac OS installer, there is a point where you get a "customize" button at the bottom of the window, and by selecting that you can get to the point where you can select to install the VST2 version. Again, the Windows installer gives this option to you as you click through.

If you are having a problem with the plugin in Windows, try reinstalling while checking the VST2 option (this solved a problem I had when initially installing on Windows and trying to run in Reason).

--Scot

Hi Scot, thanks for writing. The Native 3.50 installer no longer automatically checkmarks VST 2 for installation. You'd need to customize selection during the “Installation Type” section of install and check the VST2 option.

Let me know if you run into any further trouble.

Josh
Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc.
Home of the Service Plus Extended Warranty - shop.line6.com

• Upvote 1