Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Helix LT owner with Updater.pkg problem

JPOD

Gigged for 50 years.  Transitioning to new Helix Lt for large contemporary church band.  I've created some good tones np.  However using my Mac M1 Ventura 13.0.1, I downloaded the Line 6 drivers and then Updater.pkg which won't open.  Error message say, "Apple cannot check it for malicious software.  This software needs to be updated.  Contact the developer for more information."  Can anyone guide me through getting the Helix LT to appear on the computer.  It's a learning curve for an old Mesa Boogie tube guitarist.  Any help is greatly appreciate

First thing to do: Rightclick the .pkg file and select "open".

In case that doesn't work, look here:

Somewhere at the bottom you'll find some help regarding the issue (which is related to macOS' Gatekeeper)

Did you install HX Edit and tried updating from within there?

On 11/13/2022 at 6:50 PM, JPOD said:

Gigged for 50 years.  Transitioning to new Helix Lt for large contemporary church band.  I've created some good tones np.  However using my Mac M1 Ventura 13.0.1, I downloaded the Line 6 drivers and then Updater.pkg which won't open.  Error message say, "Apple cannot check it for malicious software.  This software needs to be updated.  Contact the developer for more information."  Can anyone guide me through getting the Helix LT to appear on the computer.  It's a learning curve for an old Mesa Boogie tube guitarist.  Any help is greatly appreciate

Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter how many years you've played if you don't read and follow the release notes for the firmware you're updating...which starts with HX Edit update and then direct update of firmware via HX Edit.  Updater hasn't been in the picture for a very long time now....

• Upvote 1