Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Remote novice help

jkpalmer

I have a Line6 Spider V 20 of which I really know nothing about settings

Downloaded Spider Remote have it functioning but there are sooooo many options, of which I also know nothing.

Is there a way to narrow down the options without listening to every one, using some sort of "option definition" list?

I could spend a lot of time trying many options, but never even get to the "category" that I'd consider using.

Help with Stomp, Comp, Mod, Delay, etc. - where do I start?

TIA - JP

It might help if you tell us your overall experience with and knowledge about using guitar FX of any sort. Do you understand what the various pedal categories represent? For instance, do you understand what a Mod vs. Comp pedal does? If not, you need to start with general internet research to gain that overall understanding. If you’re new to pedals in general you have a general learning curve to climb before getting specific about the Spider amp options.  

Once you understand, for instance, what a Comp pedal is designed to do and understand how the relevant parameters work (Threshold, Ratio, Decay, etc.) then you begin to experiment with the available Comp models on the Spider amp to discover which models you prefer. Same thing with Mod, Delay, etc.

If you already have this understanding then please be more specific about your question. What specific options are you talking about  - the factory presets perhaps? What exactly do you mean by ‘category’?

First, thanks for replying!

I don't have any knowledge about using FX of any sort.  I do not understand what the various pedal categories represent. 

So perhaps I start with pedal categories - so - how would you recommend I start becoming more familiar with them?

- jP

• 5 months later...