Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp recording notepad rigs

bobert86

Hey Everyone, 

I imagine this question has been asked a few times but I've used the forum search function and read some stuff here and elsewhere and still I'm struggling to make a decision. 

Id like to be able to record basic idea for songs for my band. I'm not really into sitting for hours at a DAW (I'm new to DAWs) and trying to tweak everything. I kind of want flip open a laptop, and recording some guitar or bass with minimal fuss and then ideally add drums somehow. Probably on the road or from a hotel room.

HX Stomp seems like a great way to minimise the amount of equipment needed and I could also have fun with it live. 

I've got Abletone 10 Live Intro and Reaper. Reaper seems a bit more easy going... but I also wondered what you guys do for drums? 

USB MIDI keyboard, virtual keyboard etc....

Also, Just wondered how viable the idea is, what others do and what their setup is, and if anyone has any links to real basic tutorials etc...

All the best! 

Rob

You have the basics, just need a drum program.

Since you've not yet committed a lot of time to Reaper (what I use mostly, with EZDrummer) or Ableton (what I use when I feel like loopy elektronika), may I suggest Cakewalk by Bandlab? FREE and comes with a drum program and some other instruments. Easy to use, too. Once you have a drum program, MIDI drum tracks are all over the place, just Google it.

• Upvote 1