Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Odd behaviour with "setlist" and "USER" presets

kelv23

Ive got an odd problem with Native showing the two different options in separate projects I have going at the mo. The example is as follows

Project 1 has all my user created presets listed at the end of the factory presets as USER 3,4,5 etc in the dropdown

Project 2 has none of my created presets and at the end of the factory preset its listed as Setlist 3,4,5 in the dropdown which are all empty

Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?

Its pretty frustrating as I can only use that one project to access anything Ive stored or created myself. 

On 1/10/2023 at 9:06 PM, kelv23 said:

Its pretty frustrating as I can only use that one project to access anything Ive stored or created myself. 

Hi,

You can load whatever presets you wish, as long as they are compatible. You can even drag and drop presets from HX Edit.

See Helix Native Pilot’s Guide 3.51, page 14 - Preset Compatibility - Loading vs. Importing Presets into Helix Native.

Find the guide by clicking on the icon of a question mark in a circle in the lower left of the status bar of Helix Native.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 1/12/2023 at 4:39 PM, datacommando said:

Hi,

You can load whatever presets you wish, as long as they are compatible. You can even drag and drop presets from HX Edit.

See Helix Native Pilot’s Guide 3.51, page 14 - Preset Compatibility - Loading vs. Importing Presets into Helix Native.

Find the guide by clicking on the icon of a question mark in a circle in the lower left of the status bar of Helix Native.

This isnt about loading presets, its about them not being saved globally. One project has presets saved under "USER" the other as "SETLIST" but none of my presets in there.

IMG_3626.jp2 IMG_3627.jp2 IMG_3628.jp2

On 1/14/2023 at 10:46 AM, kelv23 said:

One project has presets saved under "USER" the other as "SETLIST" but none of my presets in there.

Precisely - the presets are in differently named folders.

The names are different one is “USER” and that is the path the Native will follow and show what is in that folder. If you have created new folders named “SETLIST”, unless you have added your own preset creations into those folders there will be no presets to list.

Basically, you have changed the default folder names and navigation path, so now Helix Native doesn’t know what should be in there.

Confused? Well it seem that Native is and so are you!

If you wish to populate the “SETLIST” folders with your own stuff, then simply load your custom presets into HX Edit and drag and drop them into the folders in Native. See Helix Native Pilot’s Guide - page 24 - Importing & Exporting Setlists > Changing Setlists > Renaming Setlists.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f1371863910ac7602ba/application/pdf/Helix Native Pilot Guide 3.50 - English .pdf

Hope this helps makes sense.

On 1/14/2023 at 2:07 PM, datacommando said:

Precisely - the presets are in differently named folders.

The names are different one is “USER” and that is the path the Native will follow and show what is in that folder. If you have created new folders named “SETLIST”, unless you have added your own preset creations into those folders there will be no presets to list.

Basically, you have changed the default folder names and navigation path, so now Helix Native doesn’t know what should be in there.

Confused? Well it seem that Native is and so are you!

If you wish to populate the “SETLIST” folders with your own stuff, then simply load your custom presets into HX Edit and drag and drop them into the folders in Native. See Helix Native Pilot’s Guide - page 24 - Importing & Exporting Setlists > Changing Setlists > Renaming Setlists.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3f1371863910ac7602ba/application/pdf/Helix Native Pilot Guide 3.50 - English .pdf

Hope this helps makes sense.

I haven't changed anything, Ive just used Native in 2 separate projects and its just showed up like that.

On 1/18/2023 at 8:46 PM, kelv23 said:

I haven't changed anything, Ive just used Native in 2 separate projects and its just showed up like that.

O.K.

If that is the situation the general consensus of opinion would suggest that when weird stuff starts to happen, perform a factory reset.

Please ensure that you have made a backup/safety copy of all your own presets before proceeding with a reset.