Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PodGo as Mac USB output device

Oli-He

Hello to the Community,

sorry for the question, maybe I missed something out, but I can't find the solution.

I connected my Macbook via USB to the PodGo, and the PodGo via Line Cable to the Amp. The Guitar is also connected via the Guitar Input on the PodGo.

When I play music from the MacBook via the PodGo to the Amp, it is extremely loud, and you can't hear the guitar. I found no way (on the Mac or on the PodGo) to turn down the volume of the Macs output signal. Have I missed something out? Can anybody help me?

Best regards

OH

Use the Volume control of the Macbook, just as you do when you want to lower the volume of any other audio the Macbook is producing. When you’re listening to music or videos on your Macbook (forget about the POD Go) what do you do to turn down the volume? Do that.

Thanks for the answer, but this only works for Apple Music. If you want to play to YouTube (for example) it won't. 

But I found a solution! There is a software, thats called "SoundSource" where you can set the volume individually to an application (Safari, Music and so on). It costs about 40 EUR and is worth the money.

It's a pithy, that there is no way to manipulate the USB input on the PodGo.

thx

OH

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 3:18 PM, Oli-He said:

Thanks for the answer, but this only works for Apple Music. If you want to play to YouTube (for example) it won't. 

YouTube videos have their own volume-controller as well - haven't they ?
I use it always when I play YouTube music from Mac to PodGo ...

• 1 year later...
On 1/13/2023 at 2:17 PM, pederlyng said:

I do what you do: I play music from Mac to PodGo. I use the 'Music' app, it has its own button for controlling playback level

I do what you do: I play music from Mac to PodGo. I use the 'Music' app, it has its own button for controlling playback level                                        Hi guys! I like devices like this that can help optimize certain processes. I've been looking into using POD Go as a USB output device on my Mac. After all, I want to connect my work with modern technologies. However I had problems writing a high-quality resume in order to get a job in a good company. Fortunately, friends advised me of professional linkedin profile writers who could design my page. Hope this helps get employers' attention!

Thanks for help!