Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp XL with two (physical) different amps using FX Loop from booth amps

Jace_Jacinto

Hello to all at Line6 and the Line6 community! Hope you´re all rockin´! 

I´m sorry if this is an redundanct topic, but I could use some advice/help from the forum...please bear with me :)

I recently bought an HX Stomp XL to improve and replace my M9 in my rig. I use an Musicom Lab LE-FX II switcher for my volume, Wah and drive related pedals (5 stomps total), connected it with the M9 using a MIDI cable and I used to connect my M9 through the FX Loop of only one amp for time related and modeling FX. But from this point on, I consider the use of a stereo path configuration with two physical amps, keeping the same method: front of the amp with the Musicom Lab (has an ISO/PHASE dedicated output to use with two amps) and use the FX Loop from both amps for Stereo connection. Can I or should I keep the same method (Send from one amp, to input L on HX, and so on for the other side/amp) or is it better for me (tone and flexability wise) if I use an TRS cable using the Stereo send from the HX retuning to the HX return?

On some of my google searches, I have seen some guys advising the use of gear like the Radial Twinline or the Empress Buffer+ Stereo for a clean and flexible connection using two different amps through the FX Loop section, but is this really necessary? 

Many thanks,

Jace

Is this what you're after:

Guitar>Switcher (WAH, Drives) L Out>Amp L Input>Amp L SEND>HXSXL Return L>HXSXL Stereo FX>HXSXL LMono Main Out>Amp L Return

>Switcher (WAH, Drives) R Out>Amp R Input>Amp R Send>HXSXL Return R>HXSXL Stereo FX>HXSXL R Main Out>Amp R Return

If YES then Assuming that all your power connections are on the same circuit you should be good.

If NO, what is it EXACTLY (with amp specifics) that you're wanting to do?