Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Editor for preset/setlist files (not HX Edit) ?

vincentm77

Hi,

I like HX Edit, the editor for (among other data) presets / setlists but this program cannot be installed everywhere I would like to (Windows Computer at work, Linux at home...).

I wish there was a simple editor suitable for editing the *.hls (setlist) files...

best,

Vincent

There's plenty of hand built viewers and maybe even some editors out there since the format of the files is a common, readable format.  The issue comes with them being updated when new things are added with new firmware.  For example there's a web based Helix Preset Viewer that works great and has been around a long time, but it hasn't been updated with any of the newly defined objects and such so it shows many items in new presets as "undefined".  Since Line 6 doesn't release any details about updates until after the release, you might be waiting a long time, if not forever, for your utility to get updated.

Those are just viewers.  Full editors get to be even more problematic as they can brick your Helix causing you to lose all sorts of presets and setlists since they actually write, rather than just read, the files.  And I wouldn't expect Line 6 to invest in supporting a linux based editor since that's such a marginal marketplace and it would likely be impossible they could ever recover the investment.

But you can always feel free to submit your idea to IdeaScale along with the other submissions for linux support that have been ignored for the last 8 years.

• Upvote 2