Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Helix Rack Switching Sounds

Andy-117

Hey People,

i have a question.

I've bought a Helix Rack and created different Sounds. In my Rack i have a midi-device, which i use to controll my Rack.

I just want to use one floor pedal to go through my set List, thats why i have this midi-device.

My Problem is, the Helix needs time to change a Sound. When i'm playing live i always need to push my Pedal earlyer to change the Sound at the right time.

Is there a way to let the Helix be faster in changing presets? I hope somebody can help me. =)

Best Regards,

Andy

Use Snapshots. That feature in Helix was designed to do exactly what you want. It supports different sounds (with some constraints) within a preset and avoids the need to switch presets mid-song. It also allows midi switching of Snapshots.

The best way to start understanding Snapshots is, unfortunately, by reading the manual. There’s a whole section covering it.

Thank you Silverhead.

i already read about the Snapshots. My Problem with them is, that my midi controller just sending singnals from 000 to 127. Depending on my choosen setlist, midi signal 000 ist loading preset 000, signal 001 is loading preset 001. I think my midi-device uses Midi Base channel 0. I hat to put the settings on OMNi in my Helix  (GLOBAL SETTINGS --> MIDI/TEMPO --> MIDI Base Channel: Omni). With this setting my Helix reacts.

Can i say, that Preset 000, Snapshot 2 shall react on signal 20 (for example) ??

Best Regards.

I believe Snapshot change involve MIDI CC, not PC, commands. Helix responds to MIDI CC 69 with values 0-9 for Snapshot changes. Check both manuals for details on the specific  commands  that Helix  requires, and how to send them from your midi device.