Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PodGo Wireless

Ayeup

I have returned my Podgo due to a USB fault, and will buy another one.

Question I have is, I'm  considering buying the wireless version.

Does anyone know if the wireless version works well, and if the wireless receiver eventually gives up after a few years would I be able to use any make of wireless receiver/transmitter.

I suppose it would be helpful if you could turn off the inbuilt wireless transmitter if required.

Could you use a plug in guitar cable instead of wireless also

Thanks.

On 3/20/2023 at 5:13 AM, IronChicken said:

….. would I be able to use any make of wireless receiver/transmitter.

Wireless transmitter/receiver pairs are generally not compatible among different manufacturers. You likely would not be able to use, for instance, a Shure wireless guitar transmitter with your POD Go (Line 6) built in receiver. Note that it’s the receiver, not transmitter, that’s built in. The transmitter is connected to your guitar.

However, your POD Go Guitar input will accept a Shure (or any other manufacturer) wireless guitar transmitter/receiver pair. In this case you are simply bypassing the POD Go’s built in wireless receiver.  No need to ‘turn it off’; you just don’t use it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, thats great, I just wondered if I could use a wireless pair on podgo wireless instead of the inbuilt one, just in case I find the inbuilt one to be as poor as some say.  Wasn't sure if the inbuilt transmitter would still send signal, if a 3rd party one was being used, which would obviously screw things up...I guess

On 3/20/2023 at 11:32 AM, IronChicken said:

….  Wasn't sure if the inbuilt transmitter would still send signal, if a 3rd party one was being used,…

Again, the inbuilt part in the POD Go is the antenna/receiver, not the transmitter. The transmitter is the separate piece - the Relay G10T - that plugs into your guitar. It communicates with the built in wireless antenna/receiver of the POD Go.

If you choose to use another manufacturer’s transmitter/receiver pair you will have TWO separate pieces. The transmitter connects to your guitar as does the G10T. However, the other manufacturer’s antenna/receiver is NOT built in to the POD Go. It’s a separate piece that connects via a standard 1/4” guitar cable to your POD Go’s Guitar input. In this case you are completely bypassing the POD Go Wireless feature that you paid extra for. You can do the same thing with a standard (not wireless) POD Go.

Sounds to me like you should buy the non-wireless version of the POD Go. You’re already anticipating poor performance and failure of the POD Go Wireless feature so probably best for you to avoid it. You’ll sleep better.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2023 at 4:27 PM, silverhead said:

Sounds to me like you should buy the non-wireless version of the POD Go. You’re already anticipating poor performance and failure of the POD Go Wireless feature so probably best for you to av

Reason I am concerned is there are a lot of reports online of poor WiFi performance with the Podgo wireless, so my reasoning for buying the wireless version is surely line 6 have addressed this by now, who knows Line 6 keep their cards close to their chest, so I just wanted to keep my options open in case wireless doesn't perform

If it works well I would prefer the line 6 wireless over 3rd party.

Thanks for correcting me on the transmitter/receiver naming :-)

If the online reports you are referring to are the ones here in this forum, remember that this is a support forum. Users report their problems here. You won’t find the (many more) satisfied users who are not experiencing problems here.

On 3/20/2023 at 7:16 PM, silverhead said:

If the online reports you are referring to are the ones here in this forum, remember that this is a support forum. Users report their problems here.

Exactly, hence my concerns

The 2 problems I have read over and over are the wireless, and the impedence problem.

I don't care about what works, as that's what I expect for £400

Earlier I suggested you buy the non-wireless version. Now that you are concerned about an impedance issue also I suggest you avoid both versions of the POD Go. You seem to have set yourself up for a good case of buyer’s remorse. Buy a product that doesn’t have negative online reports.

On 3/20/2023 at 7:33 PM, silverhead said:

Earlier I suggested you buy the non-wireless version. Now that you are concerned about an impedance issue also I suggest you avoid both versions of the POD Go. You seem to have set yourself up for a good case of buyer’s remorse. Buy a product that doesn’t have negative online reports.

OK, looks like I need to avoid all the honest posts left by disgruntled users on this very forum, and live in Fanboy Mary Poppins land and pretend there are no issues before parting with hard earned cash then.

All I wanted to know was what are my options, in case these problems aren't yet resolved, would be better if Line 6 were more honest, and informative.

Bye bye