Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix, Wet/Dry/Wet, advice, experience, opinions welcome...

ssiowi

Here's the Wet/Dry/Wet dream for my Helix:

Guitar to Helix: Guitar In

Helix Left/Mono 1/4" Out to Amp (Dry) (Catalyst 100)

Helix Left/Mono XLR Out to pedalboard power amp (via DIY XLR-to-1/4" T/S cable w/ Helix set for instrument level) (Wet)

Helix Right XLR Out to pedalboard power amp (via DIY XLR-to 1/4" T/S cable w/ Helix set for instrument level) (Wet)

L & R pedalboard power amps to DIY 1x12" FRFR cabinets (passive with Celestion F12-X200 speakers)

Curious about:

the viability of the XLR to 1/4" paths for the L & R Wet paths

running those inputs to the pedalboard power amps at Instrument vs. Line level out of the Helix

Okay y'all; bring the opinions, experiences, advice, etc. 

Thanks and cheers,

Dave

- Helix, Variax, Catalyst

Guitar>Helix Guitar In>anything you want before the Catalyst and WET paths>Send 1 to Catalyst (DRY) Dry Thru 100%>

Stereo FX at mix = 100% (optional - mix % to taste)>1/4" or XLR Outs L/R.

If you want stuff before the Cat but NOT on the wet paths, split Path A before the FX you want only in the Cat, add the SEND with DRY THRU at -120db, then at the MIX Block set Path A Level to -120db and Path B (your WET FX) to 0db. I'm not sure that setting Path A at the Mix Block to -120db is essential since the DRY THRU at the SEND is already -120db, but there's possibly a level thing due to PAN LAW (google it) considerations. Experiment!

He's asking for advice.

The way I described gives him the choice of running the SEND/DRY (at INST Level) into the front of his amp or at Line Level using a Helix Amp/Preamp into his Amp's FX Return. The XLRs with his wet FX go to his L/R pedalboard Power amps and speakers.

There're other ways to wire this, I just covered the first two that came to mind.