Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp - Pressing FS1+FS2 Together Creates Problems

DrLLBB

I am using the Hx Stomp with the 3 footswitches set up in Snapshot mode. I have recently had a few outdoor gigs where it was very difficult to see the main display screen.  When pressing a footswitch (to select a new snapshot) in the middle of a song,it sometimes happens that I inadvertently press FS1+FS2 (or FS2+FS3) together which then places the unit in bank/preset select mode.  This is not a good thing especially when you can't see the screen and are not sure what is happening (in the middle of a song!)
Just wondering if there is a way to disable the FS1+FS2 (or FS2+FS3) feature?  I don't need this since I only use a couple of presets and can use to top knob to change between them (or use an aux footswitch to toggle between them).

The safest setting is to use FS1,2 and 3 in block bypass mode, to use them to turn block bypass on or off. In this case, if you press FS1+2, or any other combination, nothing more than bypass switch would happen. The most risky setting, is to use the FS in preset mode. There if you press two FS at the same time, the system goes bananas, flashing and hanging...and Im not even sure what is doing or what is supposed to do. I presume this is what's happening to you.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to prevent that other than not using the FS to select presets. What I suggest is to set them in block bypass mode and be more careful when stomping. :)

If you need to browse presets, you could add an external switch with two FS, that you can assign as FS4 and FS5, or preset navigation. The Ampero dual switch works flawless.

Thanks for the response.  I agree that the FS's in block bypass is safest but snapshot mode is so much more powerful.  What you describe as the "system going bananas"when pressing two FS's at same time is actually the bank select mode.  I wish there was a way to bypass this feature since in my case it causes problems.

I guess until then I will have to wear smaller shoes.