Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx Effects - Number of preset footswitches

wildboy280

Hi everyone.

I'm thinking of buying a HX Effects but I have a question about the number of footswitches that can be assigned to presets (not single effects in stomp mode).

From what I can see in every video or review, there are 4x presets per each bank which correspond to 4x footswitches, plus 2x bank up and bank down (the remaining 2x are fixed for mode and tap/tuner). Is it possible to change the number of "visible" presets to 6x footswitches? Basically not having bank up/down but extra presets?

Thanks in advance.

On 7/10/2023 at 5:05 AM, wildboy280 said:

Hi everyone.

I'm thinking of buying a HX Effects but I have a question about the number of footswitches that can be assigned to presets (not single effects in stomp mode).

From what I can see in every video or review, there are 4x presets per each bank which correspond to 4x footswitches, plus 2x bank up and bank down (the remaining 2x are fixed for mode and tap/tuner). Is it possible to change the number of "visible" presets to 6x footswitches? Basically not having bank up/down but extra presets?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Before buying the HX Effects unit, you might want to familiarise yourself with its capabilities by reading the manual.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a411710a6112a67116f0b/application/pdf/HX Effects 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev C - English .pdf

From the HX Effects 3.0 Owner’s Manual - Rev C - English - page 47 Global Settings > Switches:

“By default, Stomp footswitch mode displays 6 stomps. You may also choose “4 Switch”, which replaces FS1 and FS4 with up and down switches.”

You might also want to check out using the Command Centre, which theoretically allows you to assign almost anything to any footswitch - Disclaimer:- I haven’t seen this done with the HXFX, but I have seen the preset UP/DOWN switches move to different positions on all the other units.

From the manual page 41 Command Centre:

”Configure footswitches to expand your device’s Stomp mode with additional control functions (see “HX Preset, Snapshot, and Looper Commands” on page 43).”

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thanks Datacommando.

I've been owning a full Helix since it first came out in 2015 which gives me a bit of knowledge about the unit.

I also read the manual, that is why I am asking here. To better understand what I'm after, I'll provide some more details.

I'm building a smaller/lighter amp + multifx rig and I need to have 6x presets (or snapshots) in a single bank. That is, I want to see 6x presets at the same time on each of the 6x footswitches so I don't have to scroll through banks while playing. According to the manual, it's possible to have 4x presets available and bank up/down. At the same time, 4x snapshots are available per each preset, which is the same situation as presets really. Command centre has nothing to do with this.

My question is again: is there a way to have 6x presets or snapshots visible at the same time, instead of having 4x of them plus bank up/down? Or, if in stomp mode, is it possible to set up 6x snapshots?

On 7/11/2023 at 1:17 AM, wildboy280 said:

Thanks Datacommando.

My question is again: is there a way to have 6x presets or snapshots visible at the same time, instead of having 4x of them plus bank up/down? Or, if in stomp mode, is it possible to set up 6x snapshots?

Hi,

Short answer AFAIK - No.

My guess, for what you want to be able to do, is plan your setlist prior to the gig which should make navigating presets a little easier, even without the 2 other switches.

Hope this helps/makes sense.