Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native

Aristocles76

I just bought Helix and Helix Native.  I am using a MacBook Pro that satisfies the minimum requirements to use Native.  Sadly, I have spend the last two days, all weekend really trying to figure out an answer to what is going on here and why I CANNOT FIND Native on my computer no matter what I do. I have followed the instructions on where to look - nah, not there.  No Library/au/plug-ins etc.  Nothing.  Ok, so I finally read that Ventura could be the problem and that Line6 has not yet updated Native to Ventura.  Fine.  Annoying, but fine.  To the closet for my old  iMac (circa 2013) ughhhh....I see that I have Monterey on this Mac.  Fine.  Let's authorize my license on this computer now.  Download the Licensing thingy - so far so good - download the Native Installer, go through the prompts.....nothing.  Not a thing.  So for the apparition that likely appears on the forum to tell me how 'it isn't that complicated' I would hope he can wave his magic BS wand over my apparently idiot brain and direct me to where my $400 bucks just went.  Gladly I would prefer to be making music and working instead of messing around all day just trying to get started.  And let it be known that I did call support during their hours and 'called failed' 8 times. Not my phone as I have been making calls for most of the day.  I tried 'texting' support.  Again, pretty much a circular argument here where the options and questions I could ask kept or prevented me from getting to the root of my issue.   To reiterate, I am unable to get help with Line6 either through calling or texting, I guess I can try to email them.  The help I need is finding out where the product I purchased downloaded on my computer.  IT DID NOT GO TO LIBRARY/AUDIO/PLUG-INS ect.  There is simply nothing there.  DAW is GarageBand but there is NOTHING to put into a track on GarageBand. Nothing.  No Native to be found anywhere that I can see or find. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Sorry for the rant, hopefully you can sympathize.  

On 10/30/2023 at 9:11 PM, Aristocles76 said:

DAW is GarageBand but there is NOTHING to put into a track on GarageBand. Nothing.

Hi,

Did you read this? No!

Ok, so I finally read that Ventura could be the problem and that Line6 has not yet updated Native to Ventura.

Really, I don’t know where you got that info from, but from the download page for Helix Native v.3.61

Compatible OS: Mac OS X, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, macOS Big Sur, macOS Monterey, macOS Ventura, macOS Sonoma”

Download the Licensing thingy

Huh?

“Licensing thingy”? 
Where did you see instructions to download that?

Simply click the “DOWNLOADS” button in the menu at the top of this page, then from the next page  click the “Choose Software”, and from the drop down select “Helix Native”. Next, click on the “Choose OS” and select “Mac OS”, then click the “Go” button. On the next page just click on the big blue button named “GET DOWNLOAD”. This will take you to the EULA page where you need to hit the “ACCEPT AND DOWNLOAD” button.

The HX Native package (.dmg) will the download to the Downloads folder on you Mac. Double click the Helix Native v.3.61.dmg (disk image file) and follow the instructions within the installer. Should you encounter a warning from the Mac over zealous “Gatekeeper” go here and read how override the security.

When the installation is complete, restart your Mac. 

Now you should be able to open GarageBand, create an audio track, launch Helix Native and authorise on line.

I realise this your first post, but for future reference Helix Native has it’s own dedicated section in these forums.

https://line6.com/support/forum/90-helix-native/

Hope this helps/makes sense.