Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native will not reload setlist or bundles after 3.7 update

TV-OD

My Version of Native will not reload any setlists or any bundles after I updated to 3.7. I am using logic pro x, the error message says "Failed to import setlist file. (General file read error. [code -405])". the bundle file is what I created before the update and the same for the setlist. 

Cheers Roy

On 11/19/2023 at 2:02 PM, TV-OD said:

My Version of Native will not reload any setlists or any bundles after I updated to 3.7. I am using logic pro x, the error message says "Failed to import setlist file. (General file read error. [code -405])". the bundle file is what I created before the update and the same for the setlist. 

Cheers Roy

Hi,Roy,

i updated to v.3.70 Helix Native on my Mac running Logic Pro X only yesterday. As is recommended, I made a backup of everything in Native prior to installing the new version. 

I didn’t attempt to reload the backup file as all my presets remained as they were before 3.70  - as it seemed unnecessary to reload the saved backup, I haven’t bothered. Everything just seems to work as it should. Anyhow, I’m not back in the studio for at least another 15 hours, so only then can I check what happens following a Factory Reset on the plug-in.

As my version of HX Native is essentially a mirror of the presets and IRs in my Helix Floor, it means I have several back up copies available as fail safe copies.

Never seen that particular error code, but I will try a reset tomorrow and see what transpires.

I will report back ASAP.

On 11/19/2023 at 8:27 PM, TV-OD said:

Ok Cheers. I was hoping to try some of the new amps on my rack setup without putting 3.7 on my rack.

Hi,

As I said earlier, when I did the update to Native 3.70 I didn’t have to reload my presets from the backup and all the new amps, cabs and effects were available to use. 

If you do have corrupted backup of your presets, and you have performed the Factory Reset on Native, you can simply open HX Edit and drag the presets you have in your Rack across into Native. In fact you can drag and drop any .hlx files from any folder on your computer. You should also be able to import Setlists and/or Bundles. You can encounter issues with importing if you don’t have the correct Helix Compatibility mode set, so it might be advisable to check that.

Click on the Question Mark icon in the lower right of the GUI window of Native and select the “Pilot’s Guide” which is a downloadable pdf. There is a whole bunch of information regarding importing and exporting Setlists and Bundles.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Just saved a bundle and it reloaded with no issues with 3.7, just so we are on the same page, I saved a bundle just before I upgraded  Native to 3.7 I then tried to reload the native bundle  I was told save (IMPORTANT! MAKE SURE YOU'VE EXPORTED A BUNDLE (OR ANY IMPORTANT SETLISTS) FIRST, AS RESTORING FACTORY SETLISTS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR WORK!) and I got the 405 error, I then tried a bundle from my Rack which was at 3.6 when I saved it and that got the 405 error to. Just don't want to balls up my Rack presets, it has taken ages to get them how I want them, however I fancy that Clarity Amp for my clean presets and wondering if it will sound better than I have now. cheers Roy

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2023 at 2:42 PM, TV-OD said:

Just saved a bundle and it reloaded with no issues with 3.7

Hi,

Good to know you have it fixed.

I'm a little late getting back to you on this, but I opened Native and erased absolutely everything to blank setlists. Then reloaded the backup bundle from prior to updating and everything works just fine. Still not sure what might have caused that error code, it's not one that I've seen before.