Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp - Easy Feature Recommendation - Tuner Button !!!

manwhomines

I have a suggestion I think would be pretty easy to implement, but is currently very difficult to do on the Stomp. I propose adding a button that activates a tuner that can be assigned to a specific footswitch within a preset, much like an effect or amp model. Here's why:

I have an HX Stomp on version 3.70, and I have turned off the Global Tuner/Tap Tempo button as I need to use all 3 footswitches for many of my presets. However, sometimes I want/need a footswitch to active a Tuner quickly mid-show, and I might want/need it on a different footswitch depending on the preset. Currently, just within the Stomp itself, this is impossible. It's either all or nothing. Either you turn it on in the Global Settings and it's there forever, on every preset in the same footswitch, or it's on none of the presets. 

There are a couple of solutions to this, but they all require you to buy something else to make it work. The Tuner can be activated by MIDI CC 68, so currently I have a MIDI cable plugged into both the MIDI In and Out of the Stomp, and a footswitch set to send a MIDI CC Toggle. The footswitch sends a MIDI signal from the Stomp into itself to activate the Tuner. This is incredibly complicated to set up, and uses both of the Stomp's MIDI ports, which could be useful elsewhere, and required me to buy MIDI cables. It also required about an hour and a half of trolling through forums and tutorials to put together a strategy of doing this. Other ways include buying more expensive MIDI devices and so on... 

With this footswitch toggle option this would become much easier and more customizable.