Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Silent Recording with the Helix 4CM and a Marshall 2525H

homemdosaco

I'm running my Helix LT, using 4-cable method into a Marshall 2525H. Then I'm using a Mesa Boogie CabClone just as a load box, not using any of the CabClone outs in my signal chain. Because I'm doing silent recording, I'm monitoring using the helix headphone jack (not ideal, I know. But necessary, unfortunately).

As far as the preset goes, it's as simple as it gets: an Overdrive block to push the amp, a FX Loop Block to and from the 2525H, a cab and some reverb. Nothing fancy.

I'm finding some issues I wasn't expecting and I thought I might consult the hive mind:

1) I can get a signal even with the amp on Stand-by. Using the 5-watt or 20-watt modes make no difference in the sound I get. That is bugging me as I don't think this is expected behavior.

2) The Presence, Bass, Middle and Treble controls don't seem to do anything, as if they were bypassed. The Input Gain and the Master Volume work fine. I would expect this conection with the FX Loop Block and 4CM would allow me to use the amp's Tone Stack. Am I missing anything here?

Thank you for reading. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!