Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider 112 Issue

ripface

Hi All,

I've owned and been using a Line 6 Spider 112 combo for some time and really like the amp.  I recently bought a Line 6 foot pedal to use with the amp but it appears the FBV2 pedal I bought is not compatible.

That's bad enough, but after trying the pedal out with the Spider 112 the amp is now having problems in that whenever I plug my guitar in I get horrible humming from the speaker with crackling in the background.  I can still hear the guitar but this has rendered the amp useless.

I presume that plugging the incompatible pedal in has caused the issue as it manifested just after I tried it.  Anyone know what the problem might be?  Hoping it's not too serious and that it can be fixed?

Cheers,
Ripface

Hi, I pulled the main board and found a blown cap on the PCB.  Presume this is the issue, it's a 50v 1pF capacitor.  Hoping against hope I can replace the blown cap and get the beast working again!!  Cheers, Ripface

20240411_155855.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2024 at 3:10 AM, psarkissian said:

Either an amp IC failed, or an intermittent solder point on the processor board (crackling being digital noise).

Find an authorized service center and have them check it out. 

https://line6.com/find/service_center/

Thanks for the link, you made my day. Now I can easily find the service center. Now, it is my turn to help you. And I would like to share about https://lastminutewriting.com/research-paper website which is a trusted website for urgent essay writing and assignment help. Their skilled writers produce high-quality, original academic content tailored to your specific needs, ensuring prompt delivery. The website's user-friendly design and responsive customer service make it easy to get the help you need, making LastMinuteWriting a top choice for fast and efficient academic support.

Thanks for the link, you made my day. Now I can easily find the service center.