Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HXStomp XL to control SourceAudio C4 using MIDI over USB

VanderLeal

HXStomp XL >> USB-B >> [MIDI PC commands] >> miniUSB-A >> SourceAudio C4

Has anyone managed to get this working?

Can anyone share how (if) they manage to send MIDI over USB from HX Stomp to SourceAudio C4 (or any other SourceAudio, it should work the same way)

All my attempts to connect the HXStomp XL USB-B to the C4 miniUSB-A port, using either OTG cables or normal cables, doesn't work.

If I connect C4 to my computer, and send PC or CC messages, it works.
If I connect C4 and HXStomp (even using the same USB hub) connected to my computer, both can talk to the computer, both receives PC and CC messages sent from my computer.

If I use a MIDI software on my computer that reroutes messages from HXStomp to the C4, it works (using PocketMIDI on Windows). But directly, one to another? nope...

I can only make it work if I use CME WIDI devices on both ends.

Using a CME WidiMaster on HXStomp XL connected on MIDI OUT and using a WiDi UHOST (powered from power supply) connected to the miniUSB-A on C4.

So, to spend $150, USB-C power-up a WIDI UHost, to send PC messages from HXStomp to C4 Synth sounds like a very expensive solution. And once I do that, now I have to connect to everything else on my pedalboard using CME WiDi devices (I'm also planning to control a SY-200 and A TC Helicon Voicelive Play GTX).

I'll end up going for a Midi "hub" (and still have to use the WIDI UHOST)...
but beejebus, should be easier than that.