Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MIDI CC 71

ShoreProductions

On 6/27/2024 at 12:11 AM, ShoreProductions said:

It's confusing to me that Line 6 has implemented functionality for MIDI CC 71 on HX Stomp and HX Stomp XL, but they haven't implemented the same functionality on Helix Floor.

169 B · 4 downloads

Hi,

I seem to have encountered a strange case of deja vu.

Oh, yeah- please note your attachment is a .php file and cannot be opened as an image - please upload using a jpeg or png format.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 6/30/2024 at 12:38 AM, ShoreProductions said:

The information I was referencing is on page 49 in the HX Stomp 2.65 manual or Page 60 in the HX Stomp 3.0 manual.  It lists CC71, values 0-5.

Footswitch Mode (0=Stomp, 1=Scroll, 2=Preset, 3=Snapshot, 4=Next footswitch mode, 5=Previous footswitch mode).

Hi, again.

As you have previously observed, the MIDI CC71  information in the v.2.65 Manual stated:- "reserved for future use". 

Subsequently in the revised HX Stomp Owner’s Manual v.3.0, it now states that which you have quoted, i.e.,

Page 60 in the HX Stomp 3.0 manual, lists CC71, values 0-5.

Footswitch Mode (0=Stomp, 1=Scroll, 2=Preset, 3=Snapshot, 4=Next footswitch mode, 5=Previous footswitch mode).”

That information is correct - considering that the v.3.0 firmware update happened after v.2.xx, that would actually be the “future”.

Updates to the Owner’s Manuals, only occur at major revision stages, not minor incremental stages. It is quite feasible that the CC71 information was overlooked at the time, BUT, it was fully documented in the the Release Notes for firmware version 3.10.

New and Improved MIDI Implementation

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Effects, HX Stomp, HX Stomp XL

• New MIDI message (Helix Floor/Rack/LT/HX Stomp XL): CC71 engages the MODE switch

Please note that firmware v.3.10 is an incremental update and is probably the reason that the information is not in the manual.

If you feel this is important, then you should raise the issue with Customer Support, as this is a peer to peer user group and it is not regularly visited by Line 6 staff. 

IIRC, the writing and editing of the manuals is handled by Digital_Igloo - (Eric Klein - Chief Product Design Architect at Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc. / Line 6 / Ampeg) - maybe he could fix this oversight in the next firmware release, expected sometime later this year.

Hope this helps/makes sense.