Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best amps for JTV89 acoustic guitars on HD500?

Hi all, think this is my first post... for years anyway...

I'm thinking of trying out the acoustic settings on my JTV 89F in practise instead of my usual acoustic guitars and was wondering if anyone has experience doing this, or if there are some good patches that I can download.

I'll be going through the HD500, DT25 and Fender Rumble 410 at 8 ohm. 

Any tips would be much appreciated. 

Cheers!!

On 9/2/2024 at 4:05 PM, andythebick said:

Hi all, think this is my first post... for years anyway...

I'm thinking of trying out the acoustic settings on my JTV 89F in practise instead of my usual acoustic guitars and was wondering if anyone has experience doing this, or if there are some good patches that I can download.

I'll be going through the HD500, DT25 and Fender Rumble 410 at 8 ohm. 

Any tips would be much appreciated. 

Cheers!!

Your problem is going to be DT25 and the Fender cab...traditional guitar/bass cabinets lack the necessary frequency response to produce convincing acoustic tones. Even running real acoustic guitars into an electric guitar amp tends to sound more like a clean electric for the same reason. But with the modeled acoustics in the Variax it'll be next to impossible. Your best bet is a patch with no amp model, and just a little compression and reverb. It's been a while since I've plugged in my old HD 500, I forget if there are any mic pre-amp models in there...if so, you can throw one of those in the chain as well. For the tunes you need the acoustic sounds, run an output straight to the PA...anything else is gonna be a struggle.