Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx one issue with tube amp

Benlop17

Hi,

I bought two days ago an Hx one, and I have been having a major hum while using it with a tube amp. It is a Carvin Vintage 16. Never had any problems with other pedals... Doesn't seem to do it with my Dv mark little jazz or a bigger transistor amp.

Anyone has experienced the same issue ?

thanks !

The Carvin is a tube amp, correct; and are you powering the amp and the HX One from the same outlet? You might have a ground loop if you're running them from separate outlets (might being the main word)

When I had pedals on a board (BOSS, EHX etc) and a Marshall half stack before going digital some of the pedals didn't play nicely with the amp, especially in the effects loop. I don't remember it being an issue with the Fender solid state amp I had before the Marshall. You might need a hum eliminator/ground loop isolator box between your HX One and amp

Search "hum eliminator box" or "ground loop isolator box". They're in the sub £/€/$ 50 price range