Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Settings For Lap Steel


DWMclg76
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, new member from Scotland here with a question.

After years of playing various guitars, drums, keyboard and mandolin, this year’s resolution is to explore the delights of lap steel, which I’m greatly enjoying, mainly Folk, Counry, Pop and Rock genres.

I bought a 6 string Gretsch G700, then a Duesenberg Paul Franklin and have since been given a Line 6 HD500X multi effects / Amp modeller last used by a heavy metal band.

I’ve been experimenting with the POD’s various FX’s and amps, YouTube videos etc to decide on a combination of POD settings which might enhance the lovely lap steel tones.

Unfortunately the POD’s USB port is U/S and doesn’t connect to a computer without a costly repair, so I have to make POD settings manually.

During this adventure, I was wondering if forum members might suggest any effects and/or amp setting pointers I could try for my lap steels?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would first learn to play the instrument. And then figure out what kind of tone(s) you want to make. 

I've seen some real nice hard rock/heavy metal done on a slide. That's probably not what you are looking for, is it? 

Start with a general Google Search to see what "the pros" are using, and start building tones from there. 

Users here can better guide you once you have an idea of where you want to go. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...