Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Riffworks Clusterf**** Help Please

He Guys, (sorry for my bad english, I'm german)

i know this question has been asked before, but i'm still not really sure, what my problem is about.

So: Years ago i purchased a X3Live, and RiffworksL6Edition was included. And I'm pretty sure, i was able to save etc.

Later i sold my old X3L , but month ago i bought a new one. its registred and authorized.

But now when i doenload RiffworksLine6Edition via the monkey, it only runs in demo mode.

I get that it is outdated, but i still don't understand why back in like 2010/11 i could use riffworksL6 like a "full version", with saving and so on. I remember that just by owning a X3Live, it worked like some kind of "licence" to use riffworks as a "full version".

So i guess my question is: am i doing something wrong, or is it nowadays impossible to use RiffworksLine6Edition like years ago? Because I'm pretty sure, it used to be different. Getting a L6-Edition of Riffworks that was more functional than the demo-mode was kind of part of the deal, when bying a X3L.

riffworks line6 edition is not supported on any modern operating system...

riffworks makes a crossgrade available so that you get a huge discount on the standard version of riffworks that is compatible with modern operating systems:

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/guide/index.php/Riffworks_Crossgrade

they have a free version as well that you can save with....

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/T4/

Getting a L6-Edition of Riffworks that was more functional than the demo-mode was kind of part of the deal, when bying a X3L.

I don't believe that riffworks line6 edition was ever included for FREE with an x3....

and therefore... never part of the deal.... meaning if you had a more functional version... you likely paid extra for that.

Hey!

First of all: Thanks for your ridiculously fast answer.

It's really no big deal to crossgrade, i i will likely do that, it's not that expensive.

But still: In "Monkey", under applications i can download stuff like gearbox, farm. and RiffworksL6! why is it there to download? is it there for everbody? mhhh, i don't know...

well, just to be sure: whatever was in the past, "just owning" a podx3Live doesn't mean, you can use RiffworksL6Edition in a fully operational mode?  (i just remember i differently)