Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Studio UX1 in Reaper

In Reaper, you need to select ASIO at the top of the menu. This will then change the drop-down options available in devices.

Select Line6 ASIO UX1. In inputs enable 1 as the first and 4 as the last.

Then in PF's mixer view you can configure what is sent to the 4 sends going to Reaper.

In Reaper preferences in the Device Menu:

Audio System: ASIO - this will change the available settings from input device to ASIO Driver.

Select : ASIO UX2

This should give you access to the Enable inputs 1 thru 4 (first = 1 last = 4).

In the POD Farm 2 mixer view you should see rec sends 1-2 and 3-4 with drop down options.

A typical work flow is to capture tone A+B wet (1-2) and dry input (3-4) to your DAW, then you can add the PF2 plug-in to the dry track post processing.

I typically arm two tracks to record, one receiving 1-2 and the other 3-4. The wet track is just a rough sketch/reminder for me and the dry has endless tweaking options with the plug-in..

I can post some screen shots if you need, just not sure how soon I can to to it.

Thanks, I worked it out in the meantime (with a little help). The trick is, to select ''add new track'' rather than ''insert virtual instrument on new track'' i.e. an audio track rather than MIDI. Then, right-click on the record button and select "input monitor level" to get the output thru the monitors. PF2 can then be recorded as audio instead of MIDI. Presumably, this is because PF2 is VST as opposed to VSTi ?

Input monitor level is only to make the graphic appear on the recording track.

I understand the confusion now.

POD Farm 2 has 2 different forms, Tone Direct Monitoring (standalone) and Plug-In (VST/RATS).

Launching POD Farm 2 form outside your DAW with the shortcut on your desktop or from your Start menu is the standalone version.

This is the method you should use to make available to Reaper the4 sends from POD Farm.

Launching POD Farm 2 from within your DAW creates and instance of the POD Farm 2 Plug-in.

This is the method you should use to add POD Farm 2 models and effects to any previously recorded tracks.

If you don't get it right away, no worries, I would search some youtube videos and/or ask more questions here and/or Reaper forums.

As for MIDI, it contains no sound (just numerical information), and unless you have a MIDI controller, I would not worry about it at this point.