Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

slow registry on low B string

SpaceTurkeyLives

Just got my pod hd500x and I realised that when I play open on the low B of my bass (through any amp mod) the pod plays a note slightly lower than what it's meant to then after a few moments slides up to the right note. I played my bass just through a few EQ's on the pod and they picked it up fine.

Also the tuner doesn't pick up the open B string so I have to tune on the octave.

Any help would be appreciated.

you should make a recording of this happening, I've played bass (tuned down to a whole octave below standard bass tuning) through my HD500 and have never experienced this. The tuner definitely does not like anything below standard four-string bass E, I have noticed.

On closer inspection... The fliptop preamps work fine, it's noticeable on the other amp mods I've tried (the distortion of the tube amps really brings it out) and when I use a distortion pedal mod into the fliptop it also happens. So it seems to be the distortions that don't like the 5 string.

I plugged my darkglass into the pod, through the fliptop and it's perfect.