Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Drums stopped working so I refashed the firmware.

Brazzy

So I went to turn on the drums and nothing happened. Grabbed a SanDisk SD Card in hopes that reflashing would fix it. One of those 2 GB Micro SD Cards with the adapter, which I was using to capture recording with and worked fine for that but when it came to trying to format it with the Spider Jam it didn't work didn't hurt anythng just didn't work. So I fomatted the card to FAT via computer and loaded the bin file onto the balnk card and tried to relash but no success. So went digging for the card I used years ago which was a standard 1 GB SD Card SanDisk style (Blue). Formatted via the Spider Jam with success and then loaded the bin file to that blank card. After that the reflash took about 5 minutes and with succsess. Firmware must have gotten corrupt somehow since the last time reflashed was at least 4 years ago.

Cool, did you let out a whew? Flashing firmware over the years usually goes well but I always get a bit antsy till its done and rebooted.

Jam On!

Oooooh Yes I did, I too do a prayer and get ready to say by by to whichever device I reflash. Although, over the years with all the computer software work I've been doing, even some hardware work, working with the GX, UX2, X3 Pro, HD500, DT50 & Spider Jam my confidence level has increased greatly. Ya just never know though until it's successful.

Oooooh Yes I did, I too do a prayer and get ready to say by by to whichever device I reflash. Although, over the years with all the computer software work I've been doing, even some hardware work, working with the GX, UX2, X3 Pro, HD500, DT50 & Spider Jam my confidence level has increased greatly. Ya just never know though until it's successful.

Well you inspired me to try again with my old J-Station - which if you have a bad flash you have to flick the power button on at or around the same time as you press go - luck and timing. Its been hit or miss over the last 4 months. Give it a shot (me too), back to shelf and lo and behold the flash gods have smiled. So some good kharma to you!

BTW - Beer Breaker was pretty cool was that a flanger on the CB vocs at times? The bass tone reminded me a bit of ole Geezer ~ rat salad era :-) I'm looking for  a tailgate party.....

-Bill

• Upvote 1

Well you inspired me to try again with my old J-Station - which if you have a bad flash you have to flick the power button on at or around the same time as you press go - luck and timing. Its been hit or miss over the last 4 months. Give it a shot (me too), back to shelf and lo and behold the flash gods have smiled. So some good kharma to you!

BTW - Beer Breaker was pretty cool was that a flanger on the CB vocs at times? The bass tone reminded me a bit of ole Geezer ~ rat salad era :-) I'm looking for  a tailgate party.....

-Bill

I'm glad you got your J-Station (I'm unfamiliar with) working again. I love it when I get an old device working again, it's like exploring new territory sometimes.

Thanks for the good comment on the "Beer Breaker", hope you got laugh from it!!.I did that the very last minute, lol. I actually uploaded that into the RiffWorld RiffRumble24 with a few minutes to spare. If I recall correctly I used the American Classic Pre-Amp and  the Q-Filter Stomp Box set to Band and shifted the frequency manually but I'm not positive I may have used a Modulator but I know I manually shifted the pitch. Here's a link to the patch I used > D-104 Microphone Pitch Shifter , also I used an X3 Pro and a UX2 to do this. I'm sure there are a few ways to get a similar result. I wish I took notes on how exactly I did that, but I saved that patch so I think it's how I did it.

Thanks for the Good Karma (Right Back at Ya) and glad you took the sweaty plunge into the re-flash. I don't recall knowing the ole geezer~rat salad era now I'm going to have to try and search that out. :) Have a Great Day and have fun with your J-Station again. I looked it up and it looks like a cool little device.

Cool I'll give it that patch a shot. I should be able to use it with the X3 (I really have to fix the X3L one day).

Sorry -> Geezer = Geezer Butler (Sabbath) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiK2rs7Vvjk

Rock On my man!

Bill

Don't forget to try a mod of some sort in case that patch doesn't do it. I remember when I was trying for that sound I was changeing settings in hurry (burn'in the plastic feet off the mouse) 'cause I was running out time, lol. Have Fun and good luck. Thanks for the link it now sparked a good memory of my very early childhood :)