Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is it possible to control 2 sv hd100s with 1 fbv express mkii?

Hollatchaboy72

Im looking to run 2 sv hd100s via x3pro thru the effects loop in stereo. what iwant to know is, can i control the amp modelers on the amps, with 1 fbv express mkii?

Not sure I understand... sounds like you are running a POD X3Pro into the FX return of 2 SV100's right?  If so then you are bypassing everything in the SV100 and just using the tube power amps for the X3Pro which would be controlled by the FBV...  That's how I would run it...

Wrong.  You use the amp modelers in the X3Pro.  everything is done inside the X3Pro.  The SV100's are just power amps.  From the manual, as soon as you plug into the FX return, the preamp section is disconnected.

By the way I'm using the 4cm. That way I believe it still uses the modelers on the amp, and just the effects from the x3 pro.

Ok, now we are back to square one.  And I am pretty sure it is still no, you cant feed two devices with one pedal.  The models in the X3Pro are the same as the SV100 right? POD Farm 2?  You should try the X3Pro the way I described... I bet you like it and is's more usable...

absolutely.  Depends entirely on how you set things up in the X3Pro.  Chapter 7 in the advanced guide details sending separate tones to two amps.  Or you just send one tone with stereo effects to two amps.  Give it a try...