Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone else ever have their power supply XPS crap out?

So, after so much frustration thinking something is wrong with my guitar, I have found out that most of the noise and problems I've ever encountered are from the power supply unit.

Random static, clicking, popping, radio signals being picked up (Yes, this is happening sometimes)

These all stop when I bypass the XPS completely and use batteries. I even played regular guitars into the XPS and it still does those noises I described when it's acting up.

So my question is, anyone else ever have an XPS crap out? What would cause this to happen?

• 3 months later...

Hello, I own Variax 700 and I had similar problems with using XPS-AB power switch. A time ago I bought the XPS-DI footswitch power (originaly designed for powering Variax Bass).  After using XPS-DI instead of XPS-AB no problem has appeared. It has probably more power and a little bigger output voltage. Both outputs 1/4" and XLR operate simultaneously - no need to switch in between.

Milan

• Upvote 1

Hello, I own Variax 700 and I had similar problems with using XPS-AB power switch. A time ago I bought the XPS-DI footswitch power (originaly designed for powering Variax Bass).  After using XPS-DI instead of XPS-AB no problem has appeared. It has probably more power and a little bigger output voltage. Both outputs 1/4" and XLR operate simultaneously - no need to switch in between.

Milan

Ever since I got both rechargeable batteries, and a POD with VDI, all of those problems ceased to exist.

Weird crackling never happens at all. Noise when switching models is gone. Noise when Workbench is loading the models is gone.

It's obvious the A/B switch has grounding or signal issues. 

Thanks for the reply though.