In order for your computer to recognize your device when you are connected via USB, you will first need to install the appropriate drivers. Here is what you will need to do to install drivers on a Mac computer:
1) Download and launch the latest version of Line 6 Monkey, which is your intelligent updater program for Line 6 gear. See the following link for more information on Line 6 Monkey:
Line 6 Monkey Installation and F.A.Q.
2) Turn off all other programs and disconnect all non-essential USB and Firewire devices (printers, cameras, mp3 players, etc.) from the computer (USB mouse and keyboard can be an exception if you do not have an alternative).
3) Launch Line 6 Monkey. If your unit is not connected (or there are no previous drivers installed), Monkey will ask you to choose the Line 6 device you wish to configure. For this tutorial we will select a Line 6 Guitarport from the dropdown menu.
4) In the Updates tab, highlight Drivers and select "Update Selection" on the right hand side of Line 6 Monkey's user interface.
5) Monkey will connect to the Line 6 server and download the appropriate drivers for your Line 6 device. If you receive the following message you can select "Remind me later" to continue the installation.
6) After the drivers are downloaded, Line 6 Monkey will exit so the Driver Install program can run. Select "OK".
7) Select "Continue" to move to the next section.
8) Select "Continue" to move to the next section.
9) Select "Continue" to move to the next section.
10) Select "Agree" to move to the next section.
11) Select "Install" to install the Line 6 drivers to your hard drive.
12) Enter your administrative user name and password to install the drivers, then select "OK".
13) Select "restart" to restart you computer and begin using your Line 6 Hardware.
If your driver install was unsuccessful, please make sure your computer isConfigured
see the following link for further assistance.Configuring a computer to use with a Line 6 Device.
for further assistance.