It is highly recommended that these updates are installed in a specific sequence. Please see the installation notes* below.
These updates address a bug which allows invalid data to be introduced to presets. The invalid data is caused by asynchronous communication between the POD HD/HD500/HD Pro hardware device and the POD HD/HD500/HD Pro Edit software application. In rare instances, recalling presets containing invalid data may cause intermittent high volume events.
Installing POD HD/HD500/HD Pro firmware v2.02 and POD HD/HD500/HD Pro Edit v2.00 prevents invalid data from being introduced into presets. During synchronization between POD HD/HD500/HD Pro and POD HD/HD500/HD Pro Edit, the hardware displays a “Sync In Progress” message and does not respond to any buttons or knobs until synchronization is complete.
Additionally, any presets which contain invalid data are reset to an initialized state. These presets are easily identified as “New Tone (Reset)”.
Please follow these steps sequentially:
- Disconnect any audio connections to the POD HD/HD500/HD Pro, connect to the computer via USB and save a preset Bundle, Set Lists, or individual presets from POD HD/HD500/HD Pro Edit v1.06 (if you do not wish to save any existing presets you may skip this step)
- Quit the POD HD/HD500/HD Pro Edit app and launch Line 6 Monkey to install POD HD/HD500/HD Pro Edit v2.00
- Complete the POD HD/HD500/HD Pro Edit installation, and launch Monkey once again to install POD HD/HD500/HD Pro Flash Memory v2.02
- During the installation, Monkey will ask if you want to keep your presets – click “No”, and complete the installation following the on-screen instructions.
- On the POD HD500, you *must* reset the global setup options which includes resetting the Setlist names and pedal calibration by:
- Disconnect the USB cable connection between HD500 and host computer.
- Power off the POD HD500.
- Power on the POD HD500 while holding the LEFT ARROW (<) button while plugging in the power supply to the POD.
- If you do not do this, one of the tell-tale symptoms that may surface after a Monkey Flash Memory update is that the HD500 will be stuck in a continuous re-boot/power cycling state (you'll keep seeing the Logo and the unit keeps re-starting itself). Sometimes this may not occur, but a secondary telltale sign that a user has not performed a Global Settings reset is the USB communication between the HD500 and HD500 Edit software will be extremely slow/sluggish.
- ***NOTE: Please also make sure to re-calibrate the onboard expression pedal of the HD500 after performing the Global Settings reset.
- Instructions: How to calibrate the POD HD500 Expression Pedal.
- Launch POD HD/HD500/HD Pro Edit to restore any saved presets. **Please note that any previously saved presets that were corrupted in any way will be discarded and set to New Tone (Reset) once imported into POD HD/HD500/HD Pro Edit 2.00.
FAQ For more information about POD HD/HD500/HD Pro, visit our POD HD500\POD HD\POD HD Pro FAQ.
Advanced User's Guide The latest version of the Advanced User's Guide for the POD HD500 can be found here.