DT25/DT50 FIRMWARE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- A MIDI interface that connects to your computer via USB (download the current Driver for it if you don't have it installed)
- 2 MIDI cables (or a MIDI interface such as the M-Audio Uno that comes with attached MIDI cables)
NOTE: Line 6 recommends a name brand USB to MIDI interface produced by an audio company that supports/updates their drivers. Good choices include: M-Audio, Edirol, E-Mu and MOTU. These interfaces have proven to be more robust and reliable when it comes to large MIDI transfers such as the DT25 and DT50 update.
- For further infomation on MIDI connectivity and interfaces, please go over the following MIDI Document
- Latest version of Line 6 Monkey installed. Download and install the Line 6 Monkey software here.
- Connect your MIDI interface to your computer via USB cable.
- Connect the DT25/DT50 MIDI Out to your MIDI interface In, and connect the DT25/DT50 MIDI In to your MIDI interface Out.
- Launch the Line 6 Monkey with the DT25/DT50 connected via the MIDI interface and powered on.
- Select the Flash Memory line item and click the Update Selection button to install the flash memory update into the DT25/DT50.
- The device will receive the firmware data and the unit will be updated to the latest Firmware.
***If the firmware update fails and you are having trouble reconnecting to Line 6 Monkey, please try putting the unit into SAFE MODE before starting up and connecting to the Line 6 Monkey software. To do this, hold the channel select switch down to 'Channel B' and power on the DT amplifier while holding this switch down. Let go of the switch after 10 seconds or so, then re-start Line 6 Monkey and follow the steps above to update/re-install the flash memory.